Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

Well the Sons of Sek got finished right under the wire. The GT was a blast and I'll have full coverage by this weekend. 

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Uber Daemons Part III - Scabieathrax the Bloated

Ol' Scabby is the final Uber Daemon I painted. An'ggrath was so massive and Zarakynel required such a high level of precision, I figured because Scabby was a smaller model, and because he was Nurgle that this guy would be cake. He was not. I spent at least double the time on him, than I did either of the other daemons. It was the sheer number of different things he had going on his body that was so tedious. He is just a big blob of resin. Heavy as hell. One could bludgeon someone to death with him if one were so inclined.

Zarakynel is my favorite, maybe because I use her all the time in my standard tourney army (though I think she's a little annouyed with me for relegating to the role of a generic greater daemon). However, Scabby is the best painted of the Uber Daemons (I think, anyway). He'll get to come out and play when someone hosts a 2000 point tourney, since the way I run my Deathguard doesn't do well in smaller games.


No comments:

Current Progress on the Sons of Sek

Current Progress on the Sons of Sek
Sept. 5th, 2008 - They were finished literally at the table before the first round began.