Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

Well the Sons of Sek got finished right under the wire. The GT was a blast and I'll have full coverage by this weekend. 

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Uber Daemons Part II - An'ggrath the Unbound

An'ggrath was the second Uber Daemon I painted. He was going to first be used in the 2007 'Ardboyz Qualifier Round at Imperial Outpost. He would just be a regular Bloodthirster (this was under the C:CSM 3.5, not the current 4.0). Since there was no painting score, I decided to just put a basecoat on him the night before. I just kept painting, and 6 hours or so later I finished him. He was the easiest of the Uber Daemons to paint,

He performed pretty well at the tourney, and I took 3rd place, which allowed me to proceed to the next round of the 'Ardboyz. Since then, I've only brought him out for Apocalypse games using the fullblown An'ggrath Rules (888 points!). His most memorable performace was when he walked up to Anthony's Baneblade and scored 13 penetrating hits on it, cleaving it in two. Next turn he got assaulted by 4 Wraithlords and some Warlocks. Both sides traded blows for the rest of the game.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude...he's leet...I should know, i bought one :P . Took down 2 Eldar Reaver Titans and One Baneblade before before eaten by a gargatuan squiggoth and his posy of big squiggoths...And due to the custom game rules, i brought him back after re-capturing the Summoning Temple and wreaked havoc...Very much so worse being an Uber Daemon!

Current Progress on the Sons of Sek

Current Progress on the Sons of Sek
Sept. 5th, 2008 - They were finished literally at the table before the first round began.