Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

Well the Sons of Sek got finished right under the wire. The GT was a blast and I'll have full coverage by this weekend. 

Friday, April 11, 2008

Thousand Sons Dreadnought

Still working on that motion response. It' due Friday at 4:30pm, but I'm leaving for Phoenix around 2pm, and I have class in the morning, so it pretty much has to get done tonight. Problem is, I'm pretty burnt out and am wasting a lot of time goofing off on the interweb. So I figured I might as well post something.

I forget why I made this. Might have been a painting competition, might have needed it for a tourny (back with the 3.5 codex, wouldn't come near a dreadnought with the new codex), or maybe I needed a doorstop.

Anyway, I was really impressed with the Forge World Thousand Sons Dreadnought, but I didn't want to shell out the cash for it. So, I thought I'd have a go at converting one from the loyalist Space Marine dreadnought.

The head is one of the heads from the defiler. The head dress was made from plasticard. A main structure, with strips glued on both sides. I used more strips of plasticard to form the banding around the armor.

The dreadnought close combat weapon was made using two smoke launchers as a mount, and then the blade was made with plasticard. I was unsure how to make the teeth for the blade, fortunately my friend T.J. had the great idea of using a triangular file to create the teeth. Oh, now I remember. I was going to use it for a team tournament with T.J. But we decided to drop the dread and add a Predator instead. Wow.

The back banner was made from brass rods and plasticard, melted with my heat gun .

Finally the ouroboros (snake eating its tail), was made from greenstuff.

All in all, it's not bad. I would do the gold a little differently. Maybe I'll bring him out when the next Chaos Codex comes out.

Okay, back to work.

2 comments:

Space Hulk Enthusiast said...

I like the base most of all actually. Even though the blues are too close of a match for me, I think it compliments the overall model nicely.

Ian Calderon said...

Very nice blog you have hhere

Current Progress on the Sons of Sek

Current Progress on the Sons of Sek
Sept. 5th, 2008 - They were finished literally at the table before the first round began.