Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

Well the Sons of Sek got finished right under the wire. The GT was a blast and I'll have full coverage by this weekend. 

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tuesday's Project: Treeman

So first off, I just found out today that I made the Law Journal at my school. I was preparing myself mentally not to make it, because apparently I psyched myself out. Boy was I surprised when I found out. Okay, on to the painitng...

Truth be told, this guy was really easy. I planned to work on him tonight specifically because I knew I had a lot of reading to do for Wednesday. Basically he's painted with Dark Flesh, Vermin Brown, Vomit Brown, 1:1 Vomit:Kommando Khaki.

Here's all three of my treemen:

Left: The one I did tonight.
Middle: My first treeman. He is a stock Citadel Treeman. I used a circular saw attachment for a dremel to chop all of his legs and torso in the middle. I then extended them all with wire hanger (No more wire hangers!), and filled the extensions in with green stuff.
Right: My first scratchbuilt treeman I did a month or so ago when I first taught myself the method from the GW US Online article.

2 comments:

Space Hulk Enthusiast said...

Looks nice, I'm partial to the paint scheme on the middle tree but I think it adds a little something more to the force overall with each one painted a different color. I am assuming they don't act as a unit of three but are three separate entities to themselves?

dvdhwk said...

Yeah, they're 3 separate units. The one in the middle is a Treeman Ancient (takes up a Lord and Rare slot), and the others are regular Treemen (each take up a rare slot).

They match the dryads, whom I painted in different schemes to differentiate them on the table. The bases with the fall leaves do a lot to tie the army together, otherwise the different wood schemes might not work.

Current Progress on the Sons of Sek

Current Progress on the Sons of Sek
Sept. 5th, 2008 - They were finished literally at the table before the first round began.