Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

Well the Sons of Sek got finished right under the wire. The GT was a blast and I'll have full coverage by this weekend. 

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Death Guard - First Squad Finished

So right now I'm supposed to be polishing up a motion response for my writing class. But instead, I'm goofing around on the interweb. I saw some great death guard units over on BolterandChainsword, and decided to put mine up as well. This is nothing new if you've already seen them on AdeptusArizona.

Here's a quick rundown of how I painted them:

Armor:
  • Black undercoat
  • Orkhide Shade over the entire armor
  • Knarloc Green heavy drybrush
  • Rotting Flesh drybrush
  • Green Ink:Yellow Ink:Water - 2:1:6 - over the entire model. I had to play with this mix a bit to get it right. Some came out a little too yellow. This step tends to clean up some of the drybrushing.
  • Rotting Flesh:Water - 1:2 - this was painted on clean as a highlight
  • Rotting flesh hardline
Rusted Metal:
  • Boltgun Metal, watered down
  • Brown Ink
  • Scorched Brown, stippled on
  • Bestial Brown, stippled on
  • Blazing Orange, stipple on
Gold Trim and Details:
  • Shining Gold
  • Green Ink:Brown Ink:Water - 1:1:1 - covers all of the gold and also used to "blackline" the armor
Flesh and Decay:
  • Mechrite Red
  • Chestnut Ink
  • Tallarn Flesh - depending on the type of surface, either drybrushed or layered on.
  • Bleached Bone
Bone and Horns:
  • Scorched Brown
  • Bubonic Brown
  • Bleached Bone
Basing:
  • Ah... for another time. I get asked about my Chaos bases all the time, so I think I'll do my first tutorial on the bases later this week.
Well, here they are:




2 comments:

Space Hulk Enthusiast said...

I just found your Blog and I must say that I think your recent Death Guard guys came out looking really nice. I don't use alot of drybrush myself but I can see that the technique you used here with the washes has had a nice Nurgle effect. Well done.

dvdhwk said...

Thanks a lot. Your blog is one of my favorites on the net, and is probably the biggest influences on how I plan to maintain this log. Also, thanks for linking me on FTW.

Current Progress on the Sons of Sek

Current Progress on the Sons of Sek
Sept. 5th, 2008 - They were finished literally at the table before the first round began.