Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

Well the Sons of Sek got finished right under the wire. The GT was a blast and I'll have full coverage by this weekend. 

Friday, June 6, 2008

New Project: The Fighting Uruk-Hai


With my Easterlings temporarily on hold until I get the models I need, I've started working on a commission of Uruk-Hai for Anthony. Originally, the plan was to be done with the Uruk-Hai by the beginning of June, but life happens. Slated for the painting board is the following:

2 Uruk-Hai Captains
14 Uruk-Hai w/ Sword and Shield
16 Uruk-Hai w/ Pikes
11 Uruk-Hai w/ Crossbows
5 Uruk-Hai Berzerkers

Over the last two nights I finished the Captains, the Berzerkers and 7 of the Sword/Shield Uruks. All of them are done using the same basic steps.

Armor / Weapons / Shields:
Over a black base coat
Tin Bitz (Drybrush)
Boltgun (Drybrush - light coverage, except on the edges)
Mithril (Drybrush - edges only)

Flesh:
Dark Flesh
1:1 Dark Flesh:Tanned Flesh
Tanned Flesh

Loincloth / Straps:
Scorched Brown
Bestial Brown

Misc:
Teeth - Rotting Flesh
Painted "Hands" - Wattered down Skull White
Hair - Chaos Black; 1:1 Black:Codex Grey; Codex Grey

Uruks with Sword and Shield

Uruk Captains

These were done a little differently from the other Uruks. To denote that these two are Captains, I used Shining Gold on the armor at the step I would normally have used Boltgun. These are also the only non-Berzerkers to have the White Hand of Saruman painted on their helmets.

Berzerkers

Tomorrow, I'll get to work on 6 of the Crossbowmen (I'm currently missing arms for 5 of them). The plan is to have everything done (minus the 5 crossbowmen) by day's end Monday.

No comments:

Current Progress on the Sons of Sek

Current Progress on the Sons of Sek
Sept. 5th, 2008 - They were finished literally at the table before the first round began.